Friday, January 25, 2013

No to the Whites!

This past Monday marked the start of the third week that I have been white flour and white sugar free. I decided to cut it out of my diet for the next long while. My goal is to continue this, as long as my body continues to feel healthy.  And WOW do I ever. It is absolutely amazing how my body feels without the processed junk in it. I feel less bloated and with more energy. I have held strong for with only one slip day. This past Sunday when we were celebrating my mom's birthday, I had every intention to no have sugar, but the pressure started when we went out for brunch. I had a drink (an amazing pomegranate mojito) and some bread with brunch. Then a sliver of cake for dessert. I know, I know I messed up, but the best part is I did not go crazy, and come Monday I was right back up on the band wagon. I will tell you though, Monday was HARD; really, really hard. My body was not thanking me in the slightest.

When I originally did this last year it was for a weight-loss challenge, I participated in (and WON!) with some friends. Last year I did this to keep myself on track and know what not to eat. This time around,  I decided to do some research to see how it effected other people and ways that it will help me. I found this article, this article, and this article. These articles really inspired me,  and I decided that it was indeed something that works for me. The original reason why I decided to cut out white sugar was to cut the junk that I eat out of my diet. I then started thinking, and realized that with my personality I really needed to cut out the white flour as well because if I can't have white sugar, I knew I would me magnetized to white flour. So my thought? Cut them both out.

  Last year, I lost a good amount of weight (32 pounds to be exact), with cutting out white sugar and flour and adding exercise. It was such a great feeling, and my energy level was through the roof. I ended up getting a common cold, and stopped exercising while the junk was in my throat and nose, and never got back on the band wagon. Then came Little Man's birthday, then the holidays, and the next thing I know I am trying to loose the majority of the same pounds that I just lost months before. So.damn.frustrating. So here I go again, and this time I am really working on changing my thought process, and change my eating habits once and for all. I am starting slow. The first week was not too bad, but days seven, eight, and nine just about killed me.

I am past the cravings and I am now starting to work in some exercise. Baby steps.

*Photo courtesy of blogenium.com


No comments:

Post a Comment